Online wellness tools and resources
Self-assessment tools are not meant to label or diagnose you! They may indicate areas of concern that you can talk about with a family doctor or mental health professional. They can complete a more detailed assessment and provide options for treatment.
Mental health and wellness
- More Feet on the Ground is an educational website on how to recognize, respond and refer students experiencing mental health concerns. The Council of Ontario Universities (COU) has partnered with Brock University and the Ontario government to develop this training website.
- Mindsight is an informative and interactive resource about mental health created by Dr. Wendy Stanyon (UOIT Faculty of Health Science).
- Mind your Mind is a great interactive website where you can find information about mental health.
- Here to Help has various self-help tools available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and many other languages.
- Anxiety BC has a mobile app and a page about test anxiety.
- Explore your thinking patterns with the Healthy Minds mobile app.
- Get involved with mental health promotion on campus with Jack.org
- Career Centre
- Student Accessibility Services
- Student Experience Centre
- Student Learning Centre
- Student Mental Health Services
- Chiropractic Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Medical Clinic
- Women’s Centre
- Sexual Health Resource Centre
- Campus Food Centre
- LGBTQ + Pride Centre
- 24/7 telephone support for students
- Mental Health Helpline: 1.866.531.2600
- Drug and Alcohol Helpline: 1.800 565.8603
- Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline: 1.888 230.3505
- 1.855.87.PRIDE (77433), 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 24/7 crisis line
- Telephone and counselling support - 1.877.234.5327
- Durham Rape Crisis Centre: 905.668.9200, 24/7
- Driven (intimate-relationship violence): 905.432.72233, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Bethesda House (support and shelter for women and their children): 905.623.6050, 24/7
- Luke's Place (support and shelter for women and their children): 905.728.0978, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Denise House (support and shelter for women and their children): 905.728.7311 24/7
- CentralEastHealthline.ca: Community agencies in the Durham area.
- Oshawa Psychological Services: Assessment and counselling support - 905.721.7723 or 1.866.568.9476.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Canada’s largest mental health and addiction hospital. Offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction programs – 1.800.463.6273
- Lakeridge Health Mental Health and Pinewood Centre: Offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction programs – 905.576.8711
- Canadian Mental Health Association Durham: Community mental health and primary care – 905.436.8760
- Durham Mental Health Services: Not-for-profit agency offering mental health services and support – 905.666.0831
- Resources Around Me: Searchable location-based database of community mental health resources.
- National Eating Disorder Information Centre
- Mood Disorders Association of Ontario
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada