The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is committed to facilitating the integration of students with disabilities into the university community in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Reasonable academic accommodation may require members of the university community to exercise creativity and flexibility in responding to a student’s needs while maintaining academic standards. Instructors who require clarification on how to accommodate a student’s academic needs can visit UOIT's Accessibility website. This site provides links to:
- Government regulations (AODA tab).
- Instruction and evaluation (Best Practices tab).
- Brief tutorials on making PowerPoint presentations more accessible (Tutorials tab).
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs tab).
- Numerous links to government and informational websites (Resources tab).
The Ontario Government Ministry of Community and Social Services provides information on its Making Ontario Accessible website.