Our commitment to parents
Student Accessibility Services at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is dedicated to providing academic support and counselling to your son or daughter so he or she can have an integrated, fulfilling and successful university career. Among the services we provide are:
- A distraction-free area to write tests and exams
- Access to volunteer student note takers
- Alternative-format texts or other specialized learning materials
- Co-ordinating the receipt of necessary documentation from a regulated health professional
- Counselling on effective study skills
- Working with students to create an individualized accommodation plan
- Hardware and software to enable students in their studies
What do we mean by accommodation?
An accommodation is an adaptation or adjustment in the way a student accesses course materials and/or learning. UOIT faculty and staff are committed to adapting to meet the unique learning needs of students and their disabilities.
Accommodated students are expected to adhere to the same academic standards as any other student and are evaluated by the same academic criteria.