Study skills resources
As a first year student, there will be a lot of new experiences and transitions entering university. We have compiled a list of things to expect each month through your first year and have included a list of resources and supports to assist you through those experiences and transitions. Please review the first year at a glance document.
Learning support is offered in individual sessions in the following areas:
- effective presentations
- essay writing
- note-taking skills
- learning styles
- multiple-choice and essay/exam skills
- organizational strategies
- study skills and memory strategies
Here are resources from a variety of sources. Browse them all and see what works for you.
- Academic tip sheets
- Learning and using One Note
- Skill building
- Time management
- Multiple Choice Exams
Procrastination - who me?
- Ellen DeGeneres on how to stop procrastinating
- Tim Urban Ted Talk: Inside the mind of a master procrastinator