Test/exam guidelines for students
Important information to know before using the Test Centre:
- All UOIT policies and procedures, including Academic Misconduct, apply in the Test Centre. If Test Centre staff find any evidence of cheating, materials will be confiscated and submitted to your faculty. Faculty will determine the appropriate course of action.
- Requests for accommodation changes can only be approved by a learning strategies counsellor or accessibility advisor.
- You must request changes for final exams before the Test Centre final exam sign-up deadline.
- Tests must be scheduled at the same time as the class.
- If you require a change to the start/end time due to your accommodations, you are responsible for ensuring these changes are made prior to the sign up deadline.
- Please plan to arrive a few minutes early.
- For tests and midterms, you must remain in the Test Centre for 30 minutes after your class starts.
- For final exams, you must remain in the Test Centre for 60 minutes after your class starts.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late to a test or 60 minutes late to a final exam, you may not be permitted to write the test or exam.
If you are unable to write a test or exam that you have scheduled with the Test Centre, please:
- Contact your professor immediately. Faculty will determine whether you will be permitted to write the test or exam on an alternative day.
- If your course is at the north Oshawa location: Email the north Oshawa location Test Centre or call 905.721.8668 ext. 6286.
- If your course is at the downtown Oshawa location: Email the downtown Oshawa location Test Centre or call 905.721.8668 ext. 5692.