Indigenous Student Services
The Student Experience Centre’s Indigenous Student Services are committed to supporting interested, incoming and current indigenous students at UOIT. The services and programs offered by the Student Experience Centre are designed to support a successful transition to post-secondary education and help students have the best possible experience at UOIT.
Services and programs include:
- Access to a Traditional Knowledge Keeper.
- Connections to the indigenous community.
- Counselling and traditional supports.
- Cultural advising for indigenous and non-indigenous students, staff and faculty.
- Inclusive monthly programing including traditional ceremonies and crafting workshops.
- Transitional supports for prospective indigenous students such as application, admissions, scholarship and bursary assistance.
- Welcoming study space.
There are two inclusive spaces available on campus through the Indigenous Centre to support student success. The UOIT-Baagwating Indigenous Student Centre is located at 151 Athol Street in downtown Oshawa, Ontario and includes a fully functional kitchen, study space and resource room. There is also an Indigenous Centre in the U5 Building at the north Oshawa location. This space includes a study area, lounge and kitchenette.
For more information call 905.721.8668 ext. 6795 or email email@example.com.
Indigenous Education Advisory Circle
The Indigenous Education Advisory Circle provides guidance to the university on its current goals for Aboriginal student enrolment, retention and support, and to enhance and celebrate Aboriginal cultures and ways of knowing.
Aboriginal Student Circle
The Aboriginal Student Circle (ASC) is part of the Student Association’s list of campus clubs.