Student Leadership Awards: nomination criteria
- These awards are open to UOIT students at any level of study including undergraduate, graduate and professional programs (e.g. Bachelor of Education).
- A student can be nominated in more than one award category (leadership practice).
- There is no limit to the number of times students may be nominated to receive a Student Leadership Award; however, they cannot receive multiple nominations in the same leadership award category (leadership practice) from the same nominator.
- Students in their graduating year who are nominated in all four award categories will automatically be nominated for the President’s Award of Excellence in Student Leadership.
- A nomination can encompass any recognized on-campus leadership positions/experiences (not for academic credit) that falls within the same academic year the student is being nominated for.
- A nomination cannot be based on, and/or include reference to, experiences that the student received academic credit for (e.g. internship, practicum, course assignment, etc.).
- Undergraduate and professional students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.7, and graduate students must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 to be considered for an award.
Please note: Outstanding nominees will be requested to fill out a personal statement to assist in the evaluation process. The personal statement will be added to the nomination package and evaluated as part of it. The personal statement will require the nominee to summarize their major leadership strengths and accomplishments while at UOIT (maximum 1000 words).
Nominees will be contacted separately after the nomination period closes via email to submit a statement.