Mature student supports
The Student Experience Centre provides specialized services to mature, transfer and Pathways students (MTPS) to assist with their transition and enhance their overall university experience.
Some of these supports include:
- Mature, Transfer and Pathways Student Orientation
- Mature and Transfer Student Mentoring Program
- MTPS meetups
- ongoing support and referrals
- workshops and programs
- opportunities for involvement
What is a mature, transfer or Pathways student?
You are a mature, transfer or Pathways student if you identify with any of the following:
- You have been out of formal education for at least two years.
- You have family responsibilities such as dependents.
- You are at least 21 years old.
- You have several years of experience in the workforce or are currently working full-time.
- You are a transfer student if you have transferred credits from another post-secondary institution.
- You are a Pathways student if you are enrolled in a pathways (diploma-to-degree) program.
Student Resource Handbook
The Mature and Transfer Student Resource Handbook has useful information to get you started as you transition to UOIT.
For inquiries regarding mature, transfer and Pathways student supports, please contact the Student Development Specialist – Graduate and Mature students at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.721.8668 ext. 5380.