We are excited to have you join our program!
To ensure you get matched with a mentor who will help you succeed here at UOIT, please fill out a Student Profile.
Who are our mentors?
All of the mentors are current upper-year UOIT students, some with unique student experiences, who can relate to many of the concerns or questions you may have. As an experienced student, your mentor will be able to answer any question you may have about the university, and can guide you to the appropriate resource or service to better address your concerns.
Mentors will be able to:
- Answer any questions that you have about UOIT.
- Not make decisions for you but share their experiences as a starting point.
- Provide helpful referrals to UOIT’s services and resources.
- Meet with you face-to- face (if indicated as a preferred method of communication) on campus.
- Act as a guide to direct you to services/individuals that may assist you academically, for example peer tutors, academic advisors, etc.
- Offer encouragement and guidance.
Mentors are expected to:
- Uphold confidentiality (unless the mentee indicates there is a threat to themselves or others) and maintain professionalism.
- Provide suggestions/reflective feedback on their mentoring.
- Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct at all times.
- Co-ordinate activities for you throughout the academic year.