Our UOIT Student Mentors are trained, upper-year students from a variety of faculties who specialize in providing support for incoming, first-year at UOIT, undergraduate students.
The UOIT Student Mentor position offers opportunities for personal and professional development, as well as the chance to earn Involvement Record recognition and references (including letters) from the Program Manager.
This position is a Specialty Role in the UOIT Ambassador program. As part of that program, Mentors will also be required to participate in a minimum of 2 UOIT events; these events will count towards your Involvement Record recognition.
You might be interested in being a mentor if meet the following criteria:
- Are a current, upper-year undergraduate student (second year or higher);
- Cumulative CGPA of 2.3 or higher (2.7 preferred);
- Strong knowledge of UOIT’s academic requirements, campus services, and co-curricular programming;
- Strong interpersonal and advising skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
To apply to be a mentor, please go to our application page on the UOIT Ambassadors website.
If you have any questions about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.