Students who participated in PASS:
- 100 per cent agreed PASS improved their study habits
- 100 per cent agreed PASS helped them prepare for tests
- 100 per cent agreed PASS helped them understand the course material
- 100 per cent would recommend PASS to others
"The PASS program encourages Accounting students to learn from peers, interact with others, engage in course topics and participate in meaningful discussion. As much as we try to introduce active-learning techniques, Accounting lectures and tutorials tend to be a one-way transmission of knowledge. The PASS sessions are a valuable supplement to both the lectures and tutorials because the students experience the same material in a different way. Having a former student facilitate the PASS sessions provides the students with much-needed context specific to UOIT and allows them to work together - a process which is difficult to simulate in the larger lecture/tutorial format."
- Michael Konopaski, Teaching Faculty (Financial Accounting I), Faculty of Business and Information Technology