Welcome to UOIT! This year, iBegin will take place Monday, August 15 to Friday, August 19. Each day is faculty specific;
- Monday August 15 - Faculty of Science
- Tuesday August 16 - Faculty of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science with Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science
- Wednesday August 17 - Faculty of Business and Information Technology
- Thursday August 18 - Faculty of Health Science
- Friday August 19 - Faculty of Social Science and Humanities
iBegin is the first part of your orientation to UOIT. It is designed to promote your academic and personal success by providing you with insight about what it will be like to be a UOIT student. At iBegin, you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow classmates, faculty and staff; learn strategies for attending university lectures; and discuss what might make the university experience unique for you.
We recognize that your family plays an important role in this transition. Our Parent and Family Orientation will provide them with an opportunity to learn about the student experience at UOIT and how they can best support you as you begin and progress through your university career.
Parents and families:
Parents and families are key partners in supporting student success at UOIT, from the first year through to graduation. We encourage you to invite your support person(s) to join us at iBegin, where they will have the opportunity to learn more about the services, resources and programs available at the university, and learn about the student experience first-hand from current UOIT staff and students.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905.721.8668 ext 3833.
- Learn about the many programs and services in place to support your success.
- Discuss what might make the university experience unique for you and what you need to know before you start classes in September.
- Meet your fellow first-year students, and learn from upper-year students about their experience.
- Attend a sample lecture.
- Learn strategies for attending university lectures and have the opportunity to try them out.
- Attend informative sessions such as Student Awards and Financial Aid.
- Connect with peers and staff at our services fair.
- Tour the campus.
Lunch will be offered at a discounted cost from the UB Café.